STEVAL-ILL017V13.5 W not-isolated offline constant current LED driver based on VIPER17HN
The STEVAL-ILL017V1 demonstration board is a 2 W non-isolated offline constant current LED driver based on the VIPer17. The board operates with an input ranging from 176 V to 264 VAC and provides 500 mA of constant current from a 7 VDC source, suitable for illuminating two LEDs in series.
The VIPer17 device is an offline converter with an 800 V rugged power section, a PWM control, overcurrent protection, overvoltage and overload protection, hysteretic thermal protection, soft-start and safe auto-restart after the removal of a fault condition. The brown-out protection function is embedded into the high voltage start-up.
Burst mode operation and the very low consumption of the device combine to meet standby energy saving regulations. Advanced frequency jittering reduces EMI filter cost.
- Input voltage 220 VAC +/- 20%
- 800 V avalanche rugged power section
- Provides 500 mA constant current for LED
- High precision constant current with +/- 5% tolerance (1 sense resistor and 2 resistor bridges with +/- 1% precision)
- Overtemperature protection
- LED open-circuit protection
- LED short-circuit protection
- PWM operation with frequency jittering for low EMI
- Operating frequency:
60 kHz for L type 115 kHz for H type
- Standby power < 50 mW at 265 VAC
- Adjustable and accurate overvoltage protection
- On-board soft-start
- Safe auto-restart after a fault condition
DB0662: Offline constant current LED driver based on the VIPer17
Board Manufacturing Specification
Gerber files for STEVAL-ILL017V1 board
Bill of Materials
BOM for STEVAL-ILL017V1 board
Board schematics for STEVAL-ILL017V1 board
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Core Product||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.