STEVAL-ILD003V2Analog wall dimmer for CFL/LED lamps based on the TS820 (USA version 110 V)
The STEVAL-ILD003V2 demonstration board is designed to propose a low-cost analog dimmer topology using a sensitive SCR TS820-600FP. The dimmer can drive typical low-consumption lamps, particularly CFL and LED dimmable lamps.
Through-hole technology is used for the most important components such as LC filter, gate resistor, turn-on delay capacitor, etc., in order to allow board modification, if needed.
The STEVAL-ILD003V2 eliminates flickering thanks to its continuous current applied through the sensitive SCR gate. This dimmer could easily replace a standard low-cost analog Triac light dimmer using a Diac-controlled circuit.
- Operation for 2-wire wall dimmer
- Leading-edge control (compatible with all lamps commonly found on the market)
- Operation on 120 V line rms voltage (98 to 132 V) and 50 Hz or 60 Hz line frequency
- Dimmable power range with halogen, CFL and LED lamps (with 27 °C/W heatsinks mounted on SCRs12:
- 3 to 350 W for 110/120 V rms line
- Maximum operating ambient temperature:60 °C
- Power efficiency @ 350 W / 120 V > 98.5%
- Standby losses @ 120 V < 0.3 W (could be reduced to 0 if potentiometer features a mechanical switch to open the circuit at minimum setting)
- RoHS compliant
- Compliance with EMC standards
- IEC 61000-4-4: criteria A for more than 4 kV
DB1481: Analog wall dimmer for CFL/LED lamps based on the TS820 (USA version 110 V)
UM1513: STEVAL-ILD003V2: SCR dimmer, US version
Board Manufacturing Specification
STEVAL-ILD003V2 gerber files
Bill of Materials
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Core Product||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.