STEVAL-IPT004V124-pin smartcard interface demonstration board based on the ST8034HN
The ST8034xx interface devices are placed between the smartcard and the microcontroller to provide all supply, protection, detection and control functions, with a minimum of external components. The STEVAL-IPT004V1 demonstration board allows designers to easily test all of these features, or it can be used as a functional block of a complete application as it is designed both for standalone operation or to be fully controlled by the microcontroller. The board is fully configurable to maintain flexibility for various use scenarios. It includes standard interfaces on both sides (smartcard connector, MCU interface connector) and labeled test points on all the signals to make them easily accessible.
The STEVAL-IPT004V1 demonstration board addresses market segments such as POS, set-top box, pay TV, identification, banking and tachograph.
- Connector for smartcard testing
- Labeled test points for access to all signals
- Board design allows standalone operation for basic testing
- Interfacing to the MCU block and simple board configurability allows full function in (for example) a set-top box application
- On-board 10 MHz crystal clock oscillator can be used to provide card clock in standalone operation
- Card clock source selection switch allows selection between the on-board crystal oscillator as card clock source, or external clock source provided by the MCU block through the MCU interface together with the data signals
- Provides easy, flexible card supply voltage selection by on-board configuration switches, or remotely through the microcontroller
- RoHS compliant
DB1932: 24-pin smartcard interface demonstration board based on the ST8034HN
Board Manufacturing Specification
STEVAL-IPT004V1 gerber files
Bill of Materials
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Core Product||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.