VIPER38Peak power VIPerPlus: fixed-frequency high-voltage converter
The device is a high-voltage converter that smartly integrates an 800 V rugged power MOSFET with PWM current-mode control. This IC is capable of meeting more stringent energy-saving standards as it has very low consumption and operates in burst mode under light load.
The device features an adjustable extra power timer (EPT) that enables the IC to sustain overload conditions for a few seconds.
The integrated HV startup, sense FET and oscillator with jitter allow the advantage of using minimal components in the application.
The device features high-level protections like dual-level OCP, output overvoltage, short-circuit, and thermal shutdown with hysteresis. After the removal of a fault condition, the IC is automatically restarted.
- 800 V avalanche-rugged power MOSFET with embedded HV startup and sense FET
- PWM current-mode controller
- OCP with selectable threshold (IDlim) and 2ndOCP with higher value (IDMAX) to protect the IC from transformer saturation or short-circuit of the secondary diode
- 30 mW no-load consumption at 230 Vac
- Two operating frequencies:
- 60 kHz or 115 kHz
- Jittered frequency reduces the EMC
- Extra power timer (EPT) blanks the overload current for few seconds
- Output overvoltage protection with tight tolerance and digital noise filter
- Soft-start reduces the stress during startup and increases IC lifetime
- Automatic restart after a fault condition
- Thermal shutdown increases system reliability and IC lifetime
DS10100: VIPerPlus family: peak power high-voltage converter
Related Tools and Software
Related Tools and Software
|STEVAL-ISA153V1||12 V, 15 W (20 W peak) isolated flyback converter based on the VIPER38LE|
Publications and Collaterals
Sample & BuyTop
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Packing Type||RDS(on) (max)||Transistor Breakdown Voltage (min)||Drain Current (nom)||Order From ST||Unit Price (US$)*|
|Distributor Availability||RoHS Compliance Grade||Download
|VIPER38HD||Active||SO-16||Tube||4.5||800||1.15||-||.715||No availability reported, please contact our Sales office||Ecopack2||-|
|VIPER38HDTR||Active||SO-16||Tape And Reel||4.5||800||1.15||-||.715||No availability reported, please contact our Sales office||Ecopack2||-|
|VIPER38LDTR||Active||SO-16||Tape And Reel||4.5||800||1.15||-||.715||No availability reported, please contact our Sales office||Ecopack2||-|
(*) Suggested Resale Price per unit (USD) for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.