Driven by market needs, ST’s ESD protection devices, including transient voltage surge suppressors (TVS), clamping diodes and arrays, or Transils™, focus on:
- IEC 61000-4-2 compliance
- Protection efficiency with low clamping voltage
- Protection reliability with low leakage current
- Signal integrity with ultralow capacitance and ultrawide bandwidth
Standard packaging options are available, as well as advanced options which include single- and multiple-line, compact, flat, and flow-through versions to optimize space constraints.
Advanced USB ESD protection for cutting-edge microcontrollers
ST offers the industry’s widest range of ESD protection devices for MCU-based applications with USB interfaces addressing:
- USB 2.0 low and full speed: USBLC6-2 and -4 series (robust ESD immunity up to 15 kV contact)
- USB 2.0 high speed: the ultra-low capacitance USBULC6-xxx series (optimum signal integrity and ESD protection)
- USB 3.1 datalines and Type-C connectors with Power Delivery and Alternate Mode support: single- (ESDAXLC6-1Bxx), multi-line ESD protection (HSP061 series) operating at bandwidths up to 10 GHz
- VBUS pins, kept safe from EOS: ESDA7P60-1U1M TVS featuring 700 W peak pulse power capability.
To remove radiated noise from USB 2.0 high-speed and 3.1 links, the ECMF™ series combines both ESD protection and common-mode filtering.