STiH237HD satellite STB processor with integrated demodulator and low power standby controller
The STiH237 uses the latest process technology to provide a cost-effective, feature rich, highly integrated SoC for set-top boxes (STBs). It is targeted at the advanced decoding STB market across satellite networks, and is suitable for operator markets (with advanced security) and retail markets worldwide.
The STiH237 provides a solution for operators and manufacturers to specify a range of cost-effective, high performance zapper STBs, with content delivery possible using broadcast or broadband networks, or both (hybrid STBs).
The STiH237 integrates a high performance satellite receiver supporting DVB compliant reception, channel demodulation, and forward error correction (FEC). The single stream demodulator is compatible with DVB-S2 (QPSK/8PSK), DVB-S (QPSK) and legacy DirecTVTMtransmission standards.
- ST40 applications CPU with 256 KB L2 cache
- 16-bit LMI supporting DDR2/DDR3
- Decoding of H264, MPEG2, VC-1 and AVS HD video streams
- 3DTV decoding and display compatible with HDMI 1.4a
- Extensive connectivity (2 × USB 2.0 ports; Ethernet MII/RMII/TMII port; SD/MMC card port; PCIe)
- Secure boot from SLC NAND Flash or Serial NOR Flash; eMMC booting option
- Low-power process and architecture
- Integrated low power standby controller
- High-quality video resizing and de-interlacing
- Integrated Ethernet PHY
- Targets two layer PCBs for cost-effective zapper STB applications
- Integrates DVB-S/DVB-S2 single stream demodulation and FEC
DB1570: HD satellite STB processor with integrated demodulator and low power standby controller
Related Tools and Software
Publications and Collaterals
STLinux software development environment