STM32 L0 series of ultra-low-power MCUs
Every part of the STM32 L0 MCUs has been optimized to achieve an outstandingly low power consumption level. The result is a genuine Ultra-Low-Power MCU with record breaking performances.
The exclusive combination of an ARM® Cortex®-M0+ core and STM32 ultra-low-power features, makes the STM32 L0 the best fit for applications operating on battery or supplied by energy harvesting and the world’s lowest power consumption MCU at 125°C.
The STM32 L0 offers dynamic voltage scaling, an ultra-low-power clock oscillator, LCD interface, comparator, DAC and hardware encryption.
New autonomous peripherals (including USART, I²C, touch sense controller) reduce the load of the ARM Cortex-M0+ core leading to fewer CPU wakeups and contribute to decreased processing time and power consumption.
Other value-added features such as 16-bit ADC (HW oversampling), crystal-less USB, short wake-up time and communication peripherals capable of operating in ultra-low-power mode make up for an unrivaled tradeoff between feature integration, performance and ultra-low-energy consumption.
The STM32 L0 is available with up to 64 Kbytes of Flash, 8 Kbytes of RAM and up to 2 Kbytes of embedded EEPROM (no emulation needed) in 32- to 64-pin packages, including a space-saving WLCSP36.
Current consumption reference values:
- Dynamic run mode: down to 87 μA/MHz
- Ultra-low-power mode + full RAM + low power timer: 440 nA (16 wakeup lines)
- Ultra-low-power mode + backup register: 250 nA (3 wakeup pins)
- Wake-up time: 3.5 µs
Getting started with your Professional Developers Package
• Download and activate Keil's free MDK-ARM development environment (a complete, professional IDE) for STM32L0 microcontrollers.
• Download and install ST’s STM32CubeMX code generator/configurator and the STM32CubeL0 embedded software package, containing HAL and moddleware. Start with one of the many examples provided or build your own project.