STPM3 devices offer a modular solution with a different combination of:
- current measurement channels made up of a programmable gain low noise amplifier followed by a 24bits, 2nd order Sigma-Delta analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and
- voltage measurement channels –based on 24 bits, 2nd order sigma-delta ADC.
- less than 0.1% error over 5000: 1 dynamic range or less than 0.5% error over 10000: 1 dynamic range for active power measurement
- less than 0.1% error over 2000:1 dynamic range for reactive power
- both an SPI and a UART interface for the connection to the host microcontroller
- 1 current and 1 voltage independent acquisition and conversion channels
- evaluation environment: EVALSTPM32
- 2 current and 1 voltage channel
- evaluation environment: EVALSTPM33
- 2 current and 2 voltage channels
- evaluation environment: EVALSTPM34.
They can be used alone or in combination to build single or multi-phase energy meter.