STMicroelectronics Showcases its Latest Products and Technologies Augmenting the Mobile Experience for ConsumersExciting demos at Mobile World Congress 2013 showcase products available now for the fastest-growing product segments
Illustrating the breadth and depth of its portfolio, ST’s demos cover five key themes in the mobile world:
- Sensing, where ST will build on its position as the world’s leading manufacturer2 of MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) devices and will also introduce a revolutionary proximity detector that cures smartphone hang-ups;
- Security, where ST’s Near Field Communication and related Secure Elements provide the optimum solutions for mobile payments, mobile ticketing, securing personal data or interacting with equipment. A demo will highlight ST’s Secure Element hosting Google Wallet in Nexus devices;
- Sharing and interaction, where the world’s smallest and most efficient image-projection engine uses red, blue and green lasers and MEMS micro-mirrors to project amazing images from a mobile device to any surface;
- Energy management; where ST’s unique energy-harvesting EEPROM and other demos will emphasize the Company’s commitment to minimizing power consumption; and
- Enhanced audio experience, where industry-unique audio engines and MEMS microphones extend boundaries of innovation in personal audio to realize a new generation of superior-sounding active noise-cancellation headsets and smart audio accessories.
ST is a global leader in the semiconductor market serving customers across the spectrum of sense and power and automotive products and embedded processing solutions. From energy management and savings to trust and data security, from healthcare and wellness to smart consumer devices, in the home, car and office, at work and at play, ST is found everywhere microelectronics make a positive and innovative contribution to people's life. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
In 2012, the Company’s net revenues were $8.49 billion. Further information on ST can be found at www.st.com.
2 IHS iSuppli: MEMS Competitive Analysis 2012