In ST, we work closely with our customers to fulfill their requirements and guarantee that all agreed customer requirements are implemented. We seek to adhere to the most stringent standards and regulations in our industry, which naturally include customer requirements.
Customer requirements are formal customer demands, implied or obligatory, they establish the rules necessary for conducting business. It is therefore a key part of our processes to:
• Understand the requirements of our customers and markets
• Compare them with our standard operation rules and performance
• Analyze the feasibility of new requirements not currently implemented
• Deploy agreed upon requirements
• Monitor trends for upcoming demands and align them to ST systems as they become generalized
ST classifies customer requirements into four categories :
- Product: Specifications, qualification, product compliance…
- Supply-chain : Delivery, inventory, logistics…
- Corporate Responsibility : Environment, social, ethics, health, safety…
- Commercial: Terms & conditions, pricing…
Review and approval process
ST starts the review and approval process by collecting complete information about the specific customer requirement.
Next, the requirement is thoroughly analyzed to ensure that it complies with company ethics and business rules, including potential conflicts with existing contracts, local specific regulations and legal entities involved. This allows us to assess our ability to meet a proposed customer requirement prior to agreement and to guarantee compliance between the customer's request and the corresponding product or service.
Where necessary, ST may request clarification about the requirement, such as the intended use of the product and the statutory or regulatory requirements related to the product and/or business. A requirement may be negotiated to reach a mutually acceptable agreement.
When a customer's requirement is approved by ST, a formal contractual agreement is set up defining the rules for conducting business.
This process allows ST to ensure rapid responsiveness to customers and guarantees accountable and consistent execution of the agreed upon requirements as well as maintaining its system aligned to the market trends.
For more information please contact your local sales representative or contact our technical support