The L9733 is a highly flexible monolithic, medium current, output driver that incorporates 8 outputs that can be used as either internal low or high-side drives in any combination.
Outputs 1-8 are self-configuring as high or low-side drives. Self-configuration allows a user to connect a high or low-side load to any of these outputs and the L9733 will drive them correctly as well as provide proper fault mode operation with no other needed inputs. In addition, outputs 6, 7 and 8 can be PWM controlled via a external pins (IN6-8).
This device is capable of switching variable load currents over the ambient range of -40 °C to +125 °C. The outputs are MOSFET drivers to minimize Vdd current requirements. For low-side configured outputs an internal zener clamp from the drain to gate with a breakdown of 50 V minimum will provide fast turn off of inductive loads. When a high-side configured output is commanded Off after having been commanded On, the source voltage will go to (VGND - 15 V).
An 16 bit SPI input is used to command the 8 output drivers either "On" or "Off", reducing the I/O port requirement of the microcontroller. Multiple L9733 can be daisy-chained. In addition the SPI output indicates latched fault conditions that may have occurred.
- AEC-Q100 (Rev. F) qualified
- Eight independently self configuring low/high drivers
- Supply voltage from 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- RON(max) = 0.7 Ω @ Tj = 25 °C,RON(max) = 1.2 Ω @Tj = 125 °C
- Minimum current limit of each output 1 A
- Output voltage clamping min. 40 V in low-side configuration
- Output voltage clamping max. -14 V in high-side configuration
- SPI interface for outputs control and for diagnosis data communication
- Additional PWM inputs for 3 outputs
- Independent thermal shutdown for all outputs open load, short to GND, short to Vb, overcurrent diagnostics in latched or unlatched mode for each channel
- Internal charge pump without need of external capacitor
- Controlled SR for reduced EMC