The TDA7802 is a single chip quad bridge amplifier in advanced BCD technology integrating: a full D/A converter, digital input for direct connection to I2S (or TDM) and powerful MOSFET output stages.
The integrated D/A converter allows the performance to reach an outstanding 115 dB S/N ratio with more than 110 dB of dynamic range.
Moreover the TDA7802 integrates an innovative high efficiency concept, optimized also for uncorrelated music signals, that makes it the most suitable device to simplify the thermal management in high power sets.
Thanks to this concept, the dissipated output power under average listening conditions can be reduced up to 50% when compared to the conventional class AB solutions.
The TDA7802 integrates also a programmable PLL that is able to lock at the input frequencies of 64*Fs and 50*Fs for all the input configurations.
The device is equipped with a full diagnostics array that communicates the status of each speaker through the I2C bus. The same I2C bus allows to control several configurations of the device.
The TDA7802 is able to play music down to 6 V supply voltage - so it is compatible with the so called 'start stop' battery profile recently adopted by several car makers (thus reducing the fuel consumption and and the impact over the environment).
- 24-bit resolution
- 110 dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
- SB-I (SB - improved) high efficiency operation the highest ’non - class D’ efficiency
- 1 Ohm driving capability (only in PowerSO36 package)
- High output power capability:4 x 28 W 4Ω@ 14.4 V, 1 kHz, THD = 10 %
- Max output power: 4 x 72 W 2 Ω
- Flexible mode control:
- Full I2 C bus driving 1.8 V/3.3 V) with four addresses selectable (only for PowerSO36 package option)
- Independent front/rear play/ mute
- Four selectable gains for very-low noise line-out function
- Digital diagnostic with DC and AC load detections
- Optional H/W control (no I2 C bus)
- Start-stop compatibility (operation down to 6 V)
- Sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- Flexible serial data port (1.8 V / 3.3 V):
- I2 S standard, TDM 4Ch, TDM 8Ch, TDM 16Ch
- Offset detector (play or mute mode)
- Independent front/rear clipping detector
- Programmable diagnostic pin
- CMOS compatible enable pin
- Thermal protection
- Qualification in accordance to AEC Q100 rev. G standard