STM32L4 series microcontrollers feature an internal low-power Flash memory that is able to store code and data.
The X-CUBE-EEPROM application demonstrates how to emulate an EEPROM using the internal Flash memory, thus saving the cost of external components.
For further details refer to the application note ‘EEPROM emulation in STM32L4 series microcontrollers' (AN4894).
- Lightweight implementation and reduced footprint
- Simple API that consists of a few functions to format, initialize, read and write data, and clean up Flash memory pages
- user-configured EEPROM size
- supports 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit variables
- clean-up simplified for the user (background page erase)
- interrupt servicing is possible during program and erase operations
- At least two Flash memory pages to be used for internal data management
- Wear leveling algorithm to increase emulated EEPROM cycling capability
- Increased EEPROM memory endurance versus Flash memory endurance
- Robust against asynchronous resets and power failures.