The ST40RA is the first member of the ST40 family. Based on the SH-4, SuperH CPU core from SuperH Inc, the ST40RA is designed to work as a standalone device, or as part of a two chip solution for application specific systems.
Example applications the ST40RA is designed for include digital consumer, embedded communications, industrial and automotive. The high connectivity of the ST40 through its PCI bus and its dual memory uses makes it a versatile device, ideal for data-intensive and high performance applications.
- 32-bit SuperH CPU64-bit hardware FPU (1.16 GFLOPS)128-bit vector unit for matrix manipulationsup to 200MHz, 360 MIPS (DMIPS 1.1)Up to 664 Mbytes/s CPU bandwidthDirect mapped, on-chip, ICache (8 Kbytes) and DCache (16 Kbytes)
- SuperHyway internal interconnectHigh throughput, low latency, split transaction packet router
- High-performance 5-channel DMA engine, supporting 1D or 2D block moves and linked lists
- Standard ST40 peripherals2 synchronous serial ports with FIFO (SCIF)Timers and a real-time clock
- Memory protection and VM system support64-entry unified TLB, 4-entry instruction TLB4 Gbytes address space