The STSPIN220 is a stepper motor driver which integrates, in a small QFN 3x3 package, both control logic and a low RDS(on) power stage.
The integrated controller implements PWM current control with fixed OFF time and a microstepping resolution up to 1/256th of a step.
The device is designed to operate in battery-powered scenarios and can be forced into a zero-consumption state, allowing a significant increase in battery life.
The device offers a complete set of protection features including overcurrent, overtemperature and short-circuit protection.
- Operating voltage: from 1.8 to 10 V
- Maximum output current: 1.3 Arms
- RDS(on) HS + LS = 0.4 Ω typ.
- Microstepping up to 1/256th of a step
- Current control with programmable off-time
- Full protection set
- Non-dissipative overcurrent protection
- Short-circuit protection
- Thermal shutdown
- Energy saving and long battery life with standby consumption less than 80 nA