The PM6613N is a high efficiency battery charger with SMBus communication interface. It includes
a synchronous switching DC-DC converter with N-channel high-side and low-side Power MOSFET drivers. The possibility to set the switching frequency with SMBus by choosing one of the two preset values of 350 kHz or 700 kHz assures the best trade-off between power conversion efficiency and PCB cost and size.
Integrated loop compensation network and soft-start allow the reduction of the number of external components.
The PM6613N integrates 2 charge pumps to drive N-channel ACFET/RBFET and BATFET MOSFETs.
The SMBus communication interface is used to set the battery charge current and voltage.
The PM6613N charges 2 to 4 series Li-Ion or LiFePO4cells, for mobile PC applications. It is available in a compact QFN20L 3x3 mm, package.
- Buck converter
- Synchronous buck converter with N-channel high-side, low-side power MOSFET integrated drivers
- 350 kHz or 700 kHz switching frequency, selectable with SMBus
- AC adapter input voltage range 9 V - 24 V
- 5 V bias input voltage supply
- Battery charge voltage range 2.5 V -18 V
- ±0.5% charge voltage accuracy
- 0.1% cell charge voltage resolution
- ±3% charge current accuracy
- ±3% input current accuracy
- Overvoltage, overcurrent protection
- Battery, inductor, power MOSFET short-circuit protection
- Internal loop compensation network
- Integrated soft-start
- N-channel ACFET/RBFET MOSFET driver
- N-channel BATFET MOSFET driver
- 1 mA quiescent supply current
- 17 μA - 35 μA sleep mode current (BATFET charge pump off - on)
- Thermal shutdown