Simplifying Bluetooth® Low Energy Application Development with the BlueNRG-LP
Learn how to quickly develop secure Bluetooth applications with exceptional power management and improved communication range
Online workshop with live tech support
Please join us for a free online workshop to learn how to design Bluetooth low energy applications with ST's new BlueNRG-LP Bluetooth Low Energy 5.2 certified System-on-Chip (SoC), using the BlueNRG-LP hardware evaluation platform and software development kit. ST will provide the hardware evaluation platform (STEVAL-IDB011V1), with attendees responsible only for shipping cost.
The STEVAL-IDB011V1 evaluation platform features the BlueNRG-LP with ultra low power consumption and best-in-class radio performance, in combination with inertial and environmental MEMS sensors, a digital MEMS microphone, and various interface buttons and LEDs.
The STSW-BNRGLP-DK software development kit provides a Bluetooth low energy binary library with a complete set of APIs to access the Bluetooth low energy functionality offered by the BlueNRG-LP SoC. The software development kit also provides a set of Bluetooth low energy demonstration applications supporting typical Bluetooth low energy use cases. Each demo application comes with a complete set of headers and source files.
This is a hands-on workshop that will introduce the key features and capabilities of the BlueNRG-LP SoC, and then teach you via a series of hands-on labs how to interface, configure, and work with the Bluetooth low energy examples in the software development kit.
- The key features, performance and functionality of the BlueNRG-LP SoC
- The structure and functionality of the BlueNRG-LP software development kit (STSW-BNRGLP-DK)
- The features and functionality of BlueNRG-LP hardware evaluation platform (STEVAL-IDB011V1)
- How to use the software development kit to load and run demonstration applications on the BlueNRG-LP hardware evaluation platform
- How to use the ST BLE Sensor App running on an iOS or Android device to connect to and read sensor data from the BlueNRG-LP hardware evaluation platform
- How to use the ST BLE Sensor App to do an over-the-air (OTA) firmware update on the BlueNRG-LP hardware evaluation platform
- How to use the BlueNRG Power Consumption Estimation Tool to estimate average power consumption and battery life
This hands-on workshop is a working session and requires a computer running the 64-bit version of Windows® 10. Administrator rights are needed for software and driver installation. An Android (5.0 or higher) or iOS (11.0 or higher) mobile phone will be required to run the ST BLE Sensor App.
The use of two screens is recommended so that you can watch, pause, and rewind the instruction video on one screen while completing the workshop on the other.
Session dates and times
|Session 1||Tuesday, 4 May 2021||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET||Online||Full|
|Session 2||Wednesday, 5 May 2021||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET||Online||Full|
|Session 3||Thursday, 6 May 2021||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET||Online||Full|
Meet your instructors
|Julio Sanchez |
Julio is a Product Marketing Engineer for STMicroelectronics’ RF business unit in the Americas, a position he has held since 2017. Julio began his career in 2005, working for several companies as an FAE before joining ST Mexico in 2015 as a Sr. Key Account Manager. Based in Irvine, CA, Julio holds a degree in Electronics and Communications and a Master’s in Embedded Systems.
|Salvo Bonina |
Salvo is an Application Staff Engineer for STMicroelectronics’ RF Applications team in the United States. Salvo has been with ST since 2002, where he started as an IT System & Service Engineer/Administrator. He earned both his bachelor’s and a master’s degrees in Computer Science from the Università di Catania in Italy.