Learn the latest 3-Phase AC/DC Solution for EV Charging Station
Discover the reference design and products for EV Charging Station from ST
Thursday, May 20th 2021 | 11:30 am IST (UTC+05:30)
The number of full electric vehicles (EVs) is rapidly growing and, as a result, the charging infrastructure is also expanding, including DC fast charging stations, which have the attractive capability of providing the vehicle with a 100km driving range in just 10-12 minutes. Power modules range from 15kW to 60kW connected in parallel to build charging pile up to 350kW.
In this webinar, ST experts will introduce the 2 reference designs:
- STDES-VIENNARECT - 15 kW, three-phase Vienna rectifier with low cost mixed-signal control for power factor correction; and the
- STDES-PFCBIDIR - 15 kW, three-phase, three-level Active Front End (AFE) bidirectional converter for industrial and electric vehicle DC fast charging applications.
Also you will learn more on ST's wide range of power discretes including silicon-carbide (SiC) and silicon power MOSFETs and diodes, isolated gate drivers as well as high-performance STM32 microcontrollers to help develop high-efficiency, high-power density DC charging stations.
- Brief introduction to charging stations
- ST STDES-VIENNARECT 15kW Three Phase Vienna Rectifier reference design
- PFC topology
- Operation principle
- STDES-PFCBIDIR - 15kW Three Phase Bidirectional AC/DC converter
- ST product profile: SiC MOSFET, ACEPACK, SiC diode, STGAP gate driver introduction
(Platform firmware development manager)
Benson is serving for Power & Energy Competence Center in STMicroelectronics, Asia Pacific Region. Mainly focusing on the platform development & solution promotion of digital power control for industrial power and energy related applications.
(Sensor Manager, Technical Marketing for Power Discrete & Sub Analog (PDSA))
Siddharth holds a Master Degree in Power Electronics from Indian Institute of Technology ( IIT Delhi ). He joined ST Microelectronics (ST) in 2011 as Product Marketing Manager. He is presently working as Sr. Manager - Technical Marketing for Power Discrete & Sub Analog Group (PDSA) with focus on key products :- AC-DC Power Supply, Offline PWM Controllers, DC-DC Power Management , Motor Drivers etc.