LoRaWAN hands-on workshop with STM32
LoRaWAN - Easy, fast and affordable solutions with STM32
Who should attend this workshop?
- Developers looking for guidance on implementing a LoRa radio / LoRaWAN solution
- Engineers looking to easily get started on any STM32L0 32-bit microcontroller and LoRaWAN application
What is LoRa/LoRaWAN?
LoRa is a long-range radio. LoRaWAN a network. The radio’s unique modulation lets you communicate over long distances with a low data rate. Learn more
Benefits you will take away
- Understanding of LoRa/LoRaWAN technology and its implementation using 32-bit STM32 MCUs.
- Experience using the LoRaWAN software expansion package for the STM32Cube comprehensive software tool, STM32 Nucleo development and extension boards and the Keil IDE.
- You will have strong practical experience using these tools and will be able to start developing your own application.
All attendees will take home a free low-power wireless Nucleo pack with a 32-bit STM32L0 MCU and Semtech SX1272 LoRa expansion board (P-NUCLEO-LRWAN1) which will be used throughout the hands-on workshop.
There is no charge to participate in this event, but you must register through my.st.com.
|8:30 – 9:00||Registration and system check for pre-installed tools|
|9:00 – 9:30||Overview of STM32L0 ultra-low-power microcontrollers and development ecosystem|
|9:30 – 10:30||Introduction to the hardware used in LoRaWAN networks|
|10:30 – 10:45||Break|
|10:45 – 12:00||LoRaWAN system architecture (devices, gateways, networks, etc.)|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch|
|Hands-on afternoon: LoRaWAN implementation|
|13:00 – 14:30||• Set up your own device on a LoRa network
• Set up your own network account
• Adjust settings and analyze results
• Install and operate a MEMS Nucleo shield
|14:30 – 15:00||Conclusion and Q&A|
Locations and dates
|Stockholm, Sweden||March 23, 2017||Close|
|Copenhagen, Denmark||March 30, 2017||Close|
|Helsinki/Vantaa, Finland||April 6, 2017||Close|
|Oslo, Norway||April 19, 2017||Open|
More dates to come, depending on success.
In partnership with
Upcoming Events & Technical Seminars