Discover the first 8x8 multizone Time-of-Flight ranging sensor with wide 63° field of view
Join us for 1-hour webinar and learn how the world's first 8x8 multizone Time-of-Flight ranging sensor enables innovative solutions to enhance your applications
Tuesday, September 21st 2021
This one-hour webinar showcases the main features of our new FlightSense™ ranging sensor. The first multi-zone Time-of-Flight ranging sensor available on the market, the VL53L5CX can generate a 64-zone depth map with multi-target detection and distance measurement for each zone. In addition, it offers a wide 63° field of view, further enabling innovative new applications.
Following an overview of Time-of-Flight technology, we will describe the features and benefits of the VL53L5CX sensor and explain how this multi-zone ToF sensor can enable innovative applications able to detect and track multiple objects or people for advanced obstacle detection, robotics, people-counting, thermostat control, liquid level control, and gesture recognition solutions.
You will learn about
- The principle of FlightSense™, ST's Time-of-Flight technology
- The main features of the VL53L5CX and their advantages
- How this multi-zone, wide 63° FoV sensor enables innovative applications
- Comprehensive development tools including design resources and software code examples
- Introduction to FlightSense™, ST's Time-of-Flight technology and our portfolio roadmap
- Description of the VL53L5CX multi-zone ToF ranging sensor with its wide field-of-view
- Overview of the most popular applications and markets enhanced by our new VL53L5CX sensor
- Development tools and design resources to get your application to market quicker
There will be a live Q&A session at the end of the webinar where ST's experts will be available to answer your questions.
This webinar will be broadcast twice, at convenient times for international audiences. Please review the times listed below and register for the most appropriate option for your time zone.
- For EMEA: September 21st, 2021 at 9:00 am CEST
- For Americas: September 21st, 2021 at 2:00 pm EDT
Hervé, Thomas and Thomas will be available to answer your questions during the EMEA session whilst John and Dominique will cover the Q&A for the Americas session.
In charge of ST's strategy for Time-of-Flight sensors, Hervé has a keen sense for developing innovative solutions that create additional value for customer applications.
A key contributor to the development and promotion of Time-of-Flight sensors, Thomas works daily with developers and engineers to help bring their ideas to life.
A Time-of-Flight technical expert, Thomas works on product development and validation to ensure the best possible designs for VL53L5CX applications.
He has over 40 years of experience in the development of software and sensors. John has worked in the fields of signal analysis, satellite communication, digital TV, and real-time applications. For the last few years John has dedicated his career to making Time-of-Flight a reality. He is ST’s first technical point of contact for applications such as laser assisted autofocus, object detection and ranging.
In charge of Imaging products, Dominique has over 20 years of experience into sensors. He has worked in the fields of MEMS, and imaging sensors. He spent many years working in the Application Field and later on in his career transferred to Marketing. He is responsible for Imaging Marketing for North and South America.