Sensor development MOOC with hands-on exercises
Developing with Sensors Made Simple
Free massive open online course (MOOC) with hands-on exercises
Learn to design with ST's newest and most advanced motion and environmental sensors with an easy-to-use STM32Cube development ecosystem.
This free, self-paced video course features hands-on exercises designed to increase your knowledge of sensors and provide practical instruction on how to develop sensor applications using the STM32Cube hardware and software development ecosystem.
Who should take this course
Engineers who wish to gain quick proficiency with motion and environmental sensors, and are looking for a user-friendly development toolset to accelerate and simplify their sensor designs.
You will learn
- The key features and capabilities of the most advanced motion and environmental sensors on the market
- How to start a new sensor project quickly and easily using the STM32Cube development ecosystem
- How to use the ecosystem software to set up sensors, log sensor data, optimize sensor configurations, and leverage embedded smart sensor functions
You will need the hardware listed below to perform the hands-on exercises in this course. The two low-cost boards can be purchased directly from ST or from one of our distributors. Click on the part numbers for details.
- PC or laptop running 64-bit Windows 10 with a USB type A port (or USB-C with adapter)
- STM32 Nucleo-64 development board with STM32L476RG MCU (Part number: NUCLEO-L476RG)
- Motion MEMS and environmental sensor expansion board for STM32 Nucleo (Part number: X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3)
- USB-A to Mini-B USB cable