Sensor Development Ecosystem hands-on workshop series
Due to the recent developments surrounding COVID-19, we have decided to postpone the upcoming ST hands-on training workshops. We do have plans to reschedule as many of the workshops as possible for later this year and will communicate new dates as venues are rescheduled.
The health and safety of our patrons, sponsors and employees remains top priority. Thank you for your continued interest in the STMicroelectronics workshops, and we hope to see you soon at a future training session.
Receive two complementary multi-sensor development kits and discover how to easily add motion and environmental sensors to your next project.
Please join us for a free one-day workshop to learn how to design with motion MEMS and environmental sensors using ST’s sensor development ecosystem, a seamlessly integrated set of hardware and software development tools that make designing with sensors fast and easy.
The two development kits consist of:
- an STM32L4 Nucleo board with X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 sensor expansion board running on our easy-to-use STM32CubeMX and the X-CUBEMEMS1 software pack
- our new STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 SensorTile.box ready-to-use kit for wireless IoT applications
The SensorTile.box features ST's newest and most advanced sensors, and also includes the SPBTLE-1S Bluetooth Low Energy module to provide wireless connectivity for interaction with mobile devices. The Nucleo board for the sensor expansion board mounts an STM32L4 ultra low-power Cortex-M4F MCU to provide all the processing capabilities required by your application.
This workshop is free of charge and ST will provide all development hardware and software.
You will learn to develop with the following sensors:
This workshop will cover:
- The key features of the LSM6DSO, LSM6DSOX, LIS2DW12, LPS22HH, LIS3DHH, HTS221, STTS751 and MP23ABS1 sensors
- How to start a new sensor project using the STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeMX and X-CUBE-MEMS1 software pack
- How the STM32CubeMX and X-CUBE-MEMS1 software pack can be used to set up the sensors, log sensor data, optimize sensor configurations and leverage embedded smart sensor functions
- How the ST32Cube Ecosystem can simplify your next sensor design
- How to use the SensorTile.box out of the box (entry level mode) with ready-to-use applications to set up sensors, log sensor data and leverage embedded smart sensor functions
- How to use the SensorTile.box to perform high-level processing (sensor fusion)
- How to use the SensorTile.box to build a custom application (expert mode) using the GUI in the ST BLE Sensor app
- How to use the SensorTile.box to develop custom firmware (pro mode) starting from the examples available in the FP-SNS-STBOX1 function pack
- How eDesignSuite helps you simulate and design power management for your sensor solution
Workshop Schedule & Agenda:
8:00 – 9:00
9:00 – 12:30
12:30 – 1:30
1:30 – 3:30
Note: This is a working session. Participants will need their own laptop running Windows 7 or later, or a MacBook running Windows (Parallels, VM Fusion, etc.). Participants should have a basic understanding of the “C” programming language or equivalent. Administrator rights are needed for software and driver installation. You must be present and stay for the training to receive the free kits.
Workshop locations & dates (subject to change):
|Orlando, FL||Feb 4, 2020||Marriott Orlando Airport Lakeside |
7499 Augusta National Drive
Orlando, FL 32822
|Chicago, IL||Feb 26, 2020||Chicago Marriott Northwest |
4800 Hoffman Boulevard
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
|San Francisco, CA||TBD||Courtyard San Francisco Downtown |
299 2nd Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
There is no charge to participate in this event, but it is necessary to register through my.st.com.