Silicon Carbide MOSFETs and Rectifiers – Revolutionizing Power Electronics webinar
Explore the benefits of Silicon Carbide power discretes offered by ST today and tomorrow to achieve performance and cost gains in power electronics systems
During this one-hour webinar, we will discuss the latest wide band gap technology for high voltage power electronics systems made from Silicon Carbide (SiC). Details on application benefits and an introduction to some of ST’s latest devices will be presented.
You will learn about the advantages that Silicon Carbide-based power devices can offer compared to standard silicon transistors and rectifiers, as well as the vision from ST on which applications stand to gain most from these components.
Details on the future of manufacturing, cost, and product roadmaps will also be discussed with a focus on how your system can benefit today and in years to come.
Join us Wednesday, January 31st at 12 noon CST
You will learn about
- ST’s latest Silicon Carbide MOSFETs and Rectifiers
- How these products have matured and are enabling greater performance across an ever wider range of applications
There will be a Q&A session at the end of the webinar to answer your questions real time.
There is no charge to participate in this event, but you must register through my.st.com.
If you already have a my.st.com account, REGISTER NOW.
If you do not have a my.st.com account, CLICK HERE to create your account and register.
Not sure if you can make it? No problem! Register now and we will be sure to email you the recorded webinar.
- Overview of Silicon Carbide (SiC) and it’s benefits
- Advantages of ST SiC devices compared to the competition
- How to drive a SiC MOSFET
- Application example: EV Traction Inverter
- Product Roadmap for SiC MOSFETs and Rectifiers
- Real-time Q&A
Silicon Carbide MOSFETs and Rectifiers
- Silicon Carbide allows for unprecedented performance in rectifiers and MOSFETs at 650 V and 1200 V ratings.
- The MOSFET features the industry’s only 200 °C rated plastic through-hole package, and shows dramatically improved performance over conventional IGBTs in power designs. The devices are true MOSFETs that are easy to drive and boast Rds(ON) values as low as 20 mΩ. An extremely flat Rds(ON) curve over temperature ensures a high efficiency design in any environment, and the intrinsic fast body diode removes the need for additional components.
- The rectifier allows for high-efficiency PFC and bridge designs valuing high voltage and low reverse recovery. The H series allows for very high surge current capability while the ‘blank’ series are among the industry best in forward voltage drop. Available in a wide range of packages and current ratings from 600 V to 1200 V.
- Manufacturing investments and increasing adoption are rapidly reducing the costs of these devices and broadening the market base.