Intelligent power switches & motor control solutions for 12V/24V DC systems webinar
Learn how ST’s integrated power solutions can help you to optimize your next design
Discover how ST’s integrated smart power solutions can help you to reduce cost, improve reliability and optimize board space.
Also, learn how to select the optimal solution for your application based on specific design constraints, using ST’s newest design simulation tool, TwisterSIM™.
Join us December 7th at 12 noon CST for a 1-hour overview of ST’s leading-edge integrated smart drivers
You will discover our fully integrated smart drivers for lighting, power distribution, heating, and brushed DC motor control as well as for other 12V/24V solutions up to 250 W, including highly demanding automotive applications.
You will learn:
- the benefits of using high-side, low-side, and H-bridge drivers
- how to reduce costs and improve reliability with minimal space requirements
- about high-power motor pre-driver solutions for brushed and brushless DC motors
- ideas regarding various implementations and their advantages
- how to optimize your design using ST’s newest design simulation tool
ST’s experienced smart driver application engineers will be available to answer your questions directly online.
There is no charge to participate in this event, but you must register through my.st.com.
If you already have a my.st.com account, REGISTER NOW.
If you do not have a my.st.com account, click here to create your account and register.
Webinar agenda (CST)
12:00 PM – 12:45 PM
- Overview of VIPower technology
- Features and benefits of high-side, low-side, and H-bridge drivers
- High-power motor pre-driver solutions for brushed and brushless DC motors
- Review of various implementations and their advantages
- Demonstration of TwisterSIM™, ST’s design simulation tool
12:45 PM – 1:00 PM
ST’s VIPower drivers
The latest series of high-side drivers, built on VIPower M0-7 technology, offer higher power density, greater accuracy in critical diagnostic and new protection features. This series covers a wide spectrum of RDS(on) values (up to 140 mΩ) and package options, ensuring design scalability. Additional features include:
- Configurable auto-restart or latch-off protection against hazardous conditions
- Multiplexed analog current sense for load current diagnostic
- Ultra-low power consumption (0.5 μA standby current max.)
- Ultra-compact Power-SSO packages
- Extreme low-voltage operation for deep cold cranking applications
ST’s smart drivers
ST’s smart drivers for brushed and brushless DC motors including sensor-less implementations all especially well-suited for the most demanding automotive environment. The unique combination of low losses PowerMOS output stages, advanced control circuitry and full featured diagnostics and protection schemes into a single package makes them ideal for motor control applications requiring small size, light weight and reduced losses.
The control circuitry enables PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) control of the load, several different serial interfaces for use with a microcontroller and communication transceivers for decentralized module applications.