Automotive door zone IC for the front door, but with "Front drives Rear" topology for controlling most of the typical loads required by the power trunk or tailgate applications
The L99DZ200G is an automotive Door Zone device with LIN and HS-CAN communication layers for driving dual configurable H-bridges. Up to 3 DC motors and 8 external MOS transistors (4 for each of the 2 H-bridges) in H-bridge configuration can be driven. In addition, 5 high-side drivers to supply LEDs, 2 high-side drivers to supply bulbs increase the system integration level. It supports physical communication layers as well as LIN and HS CAN and integrating 2 Voltage regulators for MCU supply. Standard SPI interface allows advanced control and diagnosis of the device and enables generic software development.
Key features of L99DZ200G
- 7 configurable high-side drivers, 4 configurable half-bridges, and 2 H-bridge gate drivers
- One 5V voltage regulator for the MCU supply and one 5V voltage tracker for a peripheral supply
- HS-CAN and LIN transceivers
- Generator mode for power trunk/tailgate applications
- Protection and supervision features (current monitor, open-load and overcurrent, thermal warning and thermal shutdown, etc.)
How to test & prototype with L99DZ200G
L99DZ200G Evaluation board for Front drives Rear door zone architecture
Automotive door zone IC with LIN and CAN providing dual H-bridge driving for rapid prototyping. Dedicated user-friendly software with a graphic user interface (GUI) available.
User-friendly graphic user interface (GUI) for L99DZ200G Evaluation board
Intuitive GUI lets designers monitor and control functions of the L99DZ200G door zone IC to help develop applications and improve time to market.
Power liftgate controller board based on L99DZ200G multioutput driver and SPC582B60E1 Chorus 1M microcontroller
The AEK-MOT-TK200G1 is designed as a zone controller for the power liftgate application. The two main devices hosted are the L99DZ200G automotive-grade multioutput driver and the SPC582B60E1 Chorus 1M automotive-grade microcontroller.
Designed to provide ECUs with enhanced power management functions, the L99DZ200G features two H-bridges for driving two distinct applications.
Discover next-generation Automotive Door Zone System ICs offering innovative solutions to boost power efficiency and enable tomorrow's car electrification.
Learn about our single-chip Door Zone IC with enhanced power management functions and able to control up to three DC motors
- Overview of the automotive door zone concept
- Advantages and key features of the L99DZ200G door zone IC
- Understanding how the L99DZ200G addresses the Front drives Rear topology
- Design considerations when integrating the L99DZ200G in Trunk & Tailgate architectures
- AN5722: Driving a BLDC motor with the L99DZ200G
A complete guide on how to drive a BLDC motor with the L99DZ200G's dual H-bridge gate drivers and benefit from its advanced power management capabilities as well as its LIN and HS CAN physical communication layers.
- TN1354: L99DZ200G driving three motors with two H-bridges: configuration and use cases
Explains how to drive three DC motors using the L99DZ200G's two integrated H-bridge drivers and 2x4 external MOSFETS. Includes a detailed description of the single and dual modes is given detailing the current recirculation when using the PWM feature.
- Automotive Door Zone brochure: Advanced Solutions for Door Zone Electronics
Discover how ST’s next-generation Automotive Door Zone System ICs offer innovative solutions to boost power efficiency and enable tomorrow’s car electrification.