With its extra performance and flexibility, this latest evolution of the ST25DV-I2C boosts productivity and efficiency.
The ST25DV-I2C dynamic NFC-tag IC lets the host system access the tag’s on-chip EEPROM more quickly and easily, via the I2C interface. It offers quick firmware upgrade and write times as fast as standard EEPROMs.
The dynamic-tag IC is an RFID/NFC tag with a contactless RF and an I2C interface. Unique in the market, it combines a Fast Transfer Mode with long-distance capability and the convenience of NFC.
- Contactless interface based on ISO15693 standard
- NFC Type 5 dynamic tag certified by the NFC Forum
- I2C interface 1MHz
- Highest memory density in the industry (up to 64-Kbit of EEPROM)
- Fast transfer mode between I2C and RF interfaces with a dedicated, half-duplex 256-byte buffer
- Quick firmware upgrade thanks to a 16-byte page size on the I2C write
- Energy harvesting capability
- Low-power mode (suitable for zero-power applications)
Use cases examples
- Introduction to basic concepts of Industry 4.0 and use cases for taking advantage of RFID/NFC across product lifecycles
- Examples following an electronic product from the manufacturing floor to field deployment with end users
- Widespread electronic product personalization strategies, even when they are unpowered, boxed, and stacked on pallets ready for shipment
- How technical challenges can be overcome with clever system designs along with professional readers and ST25 Dynamic Tag ICs based on ISO15693