CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Version dated: February 2023
This California Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) sets forth STMicroelectronics International N.V. and its group of companies ("ST", "we", "us" and "our") disclosure obligations under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 as amended (“CCPA”) and California Civil Code section 1798.83. This Notice provides the additional details regarding the information defined as ‘personal information’ under applicable California law and related to a California resident or household (“Consumers” and “you”) further referred to as “Personal Information.”
This Notice describes the categories of Personal Information we have collected, the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed, the categories of Personal Information we have sold or shared, and a description of your rights.
This Notice supplements our STMicroelectronics Corporate Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) posted at https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/common/privacy-portal/corporate-privacy-statement.html#
This Notice uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations.
A/ What Are the Categories of Personal Information Collected?
We may collect or receive (and may have collected or received during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this California Notice) the categories of personal information listed below. Not all categories will be collected or received for every individual.
- Identifiers: Personal identifiers, such as name, telephone number, email address, ZIP code. Personal information listed in § 1798.80 of the California Customer Records statute.
- Device Information and Online Activity: such as device and online identifiers, keystroke patterns indicative of human or bot website/app usage, mobile and web network activity and related information (such as Mac address, IP address, cookie IDs, browser activity, and other information associated with your browsing history), and social media information
- Commercial Information: Purchase and transaction history information (such as products or services you have purchased), product testimonials, and competition entries.
- Financial Information: Financial information, such as credit or debit card numbers, financial account numbers, and claims information
- Sensory Information: Audio, visual information, and other sensory information such as photographs and audio and video recordings
- Audio or visual information such as Photos or videos taken at our events
- Approximate physical location (derived from an Internet Protocol address)
- Professional or employment-related information such as Job title, employer name.
- Inferences drawn from the any of the above: Consumer’s preferences and interests.
- Account credentials: Account credentials and log-in created to attend a VMware event; Customer Connect log-in credentials. Passwords are hashed and encrypted into a form that allows for authentication, but not account access.
B/ What Are the Categories of Sources from Which We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may obtain and combine personal information from different sources, as described in the What Information is collected in the section of our Privacy Statement and provided below:
- Provided directly by you
- Collected from a device associated with you or your household
- Collected from another company within our family of companies
- Collected from an external third-party source
- Collected from other sources, when it is appropriate, to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our services, increase the appeal and relevance of advertising, and to prevent or detect fraud
C/ What Are the Purposes for Collecting Personal Information?
We may use your personal information for the purposes described in the How We Use Your Personal Information section of the Privacy Statement.
D/ Sale and Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell or share Personal Information for monetary consideration. However, under California law, some uses of cookies and similar tracking technologies may be characterized as “selling” or “sharing” Personal Information. Because we use such tracking technologies, in the preceding 12 months we may have “sold” or “shared” the following categories of Personal Information for commercial purposes such as to serve advertisements, to analyze the success of marketing campaigns, or to understand the use of our websites, and such receiving entities may use the Personal Information for their own purposes, such as to improve their ability to target advertisements. The following Personal Information is “sold” or “shared” to advertising networks, social media networks and analytics partners.
Category of Personal Information Sold or Shared (corresponds to categories listed in CCPA §1798.140(v)(1))
- Identifiers: Online/cookie identifier, Internet Protocol address, or other similar identifiers. Internet Protocol address may be used by the receiving entity to derive your approximate physical location.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Website activity, web pages viewed, source and medium (paid/organic) to website, path through website, emails opened, downloads of files offered online, browser, operating system characteristics.
Our online presence is not directed to individuals under the age of 16, we do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share the Personal Information of consumers under the age of 16.
E/ Disclosing Personal Information for Business Purposes
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Notice, we may have disclosed your personal information with certain categories of third parties as described in the How We Share Your Personal Information section of our Privacy Statement.
F/ How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
We will keep the personal information we collect about you for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes set forth in this Notice or any other notice provided at the time of data collection, but no longer than as required or permitted under applicable law.
G/ Your California privacy rights
This section describes the rights of California residents under California law and explains how to exercise those rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and are subject to conditions or limitations:
Right to Know (Collection). You have the right to request, at no charge, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected.
Right to Know (Collection and Disclosure). You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about how we have handled your Personal Information, including the:
- categories of Personal Information collected about you (see above);
- categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information (see above);
- business and/or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, sharing and/or disclosing your Personal Information (see above);
- categories of third parties to/with whom your Personal Information has been disclosed for a business purpose (see above);
- categories of third parties to/with whom your Personal Information has been sold or shared (see above); and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
Access and Portability. You have the right to obtain a list of categories and a copy of the Personal Information, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable format, collected on you.
Deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information we have collected from you. This right may be subject to certain conditions and limitations under the law.
Correction. You have the right to request the correction of your Personal Information that we maintain.
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us via email at Privacy@st.com. Or contact us by phone at 1-866-I-OPT-OUT (1-866-467-8688) service code 1810
Your request must include the following information: (1) first and last name; (2) email address; and (3) zip code. We will take steps to verify your request by matching the information provided by you with the information we have in our records. If we are unable to adequately verify a request, we will notify the requestor.
If your request relates to information we process as a service provider to one of our corporate clients, we will forward your request to the relevant client and cooperate with that client as needed to address your request and/or inform you that your request should be submitted directly to the business on whose behalf we process the information.
H/ Right to Limit the Use of Sensitive Personal Information.
Such right is not applicable as we do not collect or process ‘Sensitive Personal Information’ for the purpose of inferring characteristics about consumers. We do not, as a matter of course, use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those specified in Section 7027(m) of the California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations. Such permitted purposes include the performance of services reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those services; to prevent, detect and investigate security incidents; to resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal actions directed at us; to ensure the physical safety of natural persons; short-term, transient uses such as non-personalized context-based advertising; to verify, maintain or improve the quality of a service; and purposes that do not infer characteristics about the consumer.
In accordance with applicable law, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights.
J/ Additional Rights under California Law
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our site or services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
In addition, a business subject to California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 must allow California residents under age 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted. Your request should include a detailed description of the specific content or information to be removed. Please be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
K/ Authorized agent
You may designate someone as an authorized agent to submit requests and act on your behalf. The authorized agent must provide us with proof that it has your signed permission to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or request to delete, we may require that: (1) the authorized agent provide proof of your written permission; and (2) you verify your identity directly with us. These requirements do not apply if you have provided the authorized agent with a power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to opt out of sales, you will need to provide that authorized agent with written permission to do so and submit written proof to us that the agent has been authorized to act on your behalf.
If you have questions about this privacy statement or about our privacy practices, please contact us at Privacy@st.com