The TS4621E is a class-G stereo headphone driver dedicated to high audio performance, high power efficiency and space-constrained applications.
It is based on the core technology of a low power dissipation amplifier combined with a high-efficiency buck converter for supplying this amplifier.
When powered by a battery, the buck converter generates the appropriate voltage to the amplifier depending on the amplitude of the audio signal to supply the headsets. It achieves a total 2.1 mA current consumption at 100 μW output power (10 dB crest factor).
THD+N is 0.02% maximum at 1 kHz and PSRR is 100 dB at 217 Hz, which ensures a high audio quality of the device in a wide range of environments.
The traditionally bulky output coupling capacitors can be removed.
A dedicated common-mode sense pin removes parasitic ground noise.
The TS4621E is designed to be used with an output serial resistor. It ensures unconditional stability over a wide range of capacitive loads.
The TS4621E is packaged in a tiny 16-bump flip-chip package with a pitch of 400 μm.
- Power supply range: 2.3 V to 4.8 V
- 0.6 mA/channel quiescent current
- 2.1 mA current consumption with 100 μW/channel (10 dB crest factor)
- 0.006% typical THD+N at 1 kHz
- 100 dB typical PSRR at 217 Hz
- 100 dB of SNR A-weighted at G = 0 dB
- Zero pop and click
- I2C interface for volume control
- Digital volume control range from -60 dB to +4 dB
- Independent right and left channel shutdown control
- Integrated high-efficiency buck converter
- Low software standby current: 5 μA max
- Output-coupling capacitors removed
- Thermal shutdown and short-circuit protection
- Flip-chip package: 1.65 mm x 1.65 mm, 400 μm pitch, 16 bumps
Recommended for you
Audio and Video
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|Chip Scale Package 0.4mm pitch||Industrial||Ecopack3|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.