The L9848 IC is a highly flexible monolithic medium current output driver that incorporates 2 dedicated low side outputs (outputs 7-8) and 6 outputs that can be used as either internal low or high side drives in any combination (outputs 1-6).
In addition, 2 outputs are capable of being PWMed via an external pin (outputs 5-6). The integrated standard serial peripheral interface (SPI) controls all outputs and provides diagnostic information.
Integrated clamping circuits, waveshaping, protection against positive and negative voltage transients and thermal shutdown for all outputs open a wide range of automotive and industrial applications
- Configurable up to 6 high side drivers
- RDSON = max.1.5 Ω @ Tj= 25 °C
- Current limit of each output at min. 0.8 A
- Supply voltage 4.75 V to 5.25 V
- Output voltage clamping min. 35 V (low side mode)
- Output voltage clamping -30 V (high side mode)
- SPI interface for data communication
- Additional PWM inputs for 2 outputs
- Thermal shutdown for all outputs
- Open load detection in off mode
- Reverse battery protection for outputs (amb)
- Ground disconnection for high side configured outputs
Leading-edge product portfolio for a wide range of automotive applications
STMicroelectronics VIPower explainer
Electro-thermal simulator for devices in ViPower technology
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.