The device is a dual channel high-side driver manufactured using ST proprietary VIPower M0-7 technology and housed in PowerSSO-16 package. The device is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads through a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface, providing protection and diagnostics.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown with configurable latch-off.
A FaultRST pin unlatches the output in case of fault or disables the latch-off functionality.
A dedicated multifunction multiplexed analog output pin delivers sophisticated diagnostic functions including high precision proportional load current sense, supply voltage feedback and chip temperature sense, in addition to the detection of overload and short circuit to ground, short to VCC and OFF-state open-load.
A sense enable pin allows OFF-state diagnosis to be disabled during the module low-power mode as well as external sense resistor sharing among similar devices.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Extreme low voltage operation for deep cold cranking applications (compliant with LV124, revision 2013)
- Double channel smart high-side driver with CurrentSense analog feedback
- Very low standby current
- Compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs
- CurrentSense diagnostic functions
- Analog feedback of: load current with high precision proportional current mirror
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- OFF-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCC detection
- Sense enable/disable
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Configurable latch-off on overtemperature or power limitation with dedicated fault reset pin
- Loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Reverse battery with external components
- Electrostatic discharge protection
Leading-edge product portfolio for a wide range of automotive applications
STMicroelectronics VIPower explainer
Electro-thermal simulator for devices in ViPower technology
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.