The L99LD20 is a flexible LED driver, which is specifically designed for the control of two independent high brightness LED strings for automotive front lighting applications. It consists of a high efficiency monolithic dual buck converter.
The buck converters integrate n-channel MOSFET which is driven by a bootstrap circuit.
When more than two LED channels are required on one module, then more devices L99LD20 can be combined; also with L99LD21 device - incorporating Boost Controller - from which L99LD20 derivate.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- ST SPI communication v4.1
- 5.5 to 24 V Operating battery voltage range
- Load dump protected
- QFN40L 6x6 (wettable flanks) with exposed pad
- Timeout watchdog and limp home function
- Low standby current
- Buck section
- Integrated switching mosfets
- Lossless current sensing without need of external components
- Very accurate LED current setting programming inductor's peak current and peak-to-peak current ripple
- Adjustable peak current by SPI
- Adjustable current ripple by SPI
- Integrated PWM generation unit with 10-bit resolution and phase shift
- Peak current control
- Constant VLED x TOFF architecture
- Protection and diagnostic
- Battery under voltage
- Temperature warning (2 thresholds)
- Overtemperature shutdown
- LED voltage digital feedback through SPI
- Buck outputs short circuit and open load protection
Recommended for you
Body and Convenience
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.