The L9966 is an automotive grade IC designed to be used as sensors interface. Up to 15 channels are available for analog sensing, resistance measurement and digital sensing (e.g. temperature, lambda, pressure, position sensors).
The L9966 allows replacing a number of discrete components and it gives the possibility to change the sensors across different applications without modifying the PCB hardware.
Target applications are Engine Control Units and Body/Chassis Modules.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- 12 V and 24 V systems compatible (operating battery supply voltage 5.5 V-36 V)
- Programmable interface with 15 total inputs:
12 for connection to external analog loads (with connection to VVAR, VDD5 and clamped battery VPRE, with resistance measurement)
4 with also λ sensor functionality 4 with also SENT functionality
- 3 for connection to external digital switches (with connection to VPRE)
- 12 for connection to external analog loads (with connection to VVAR, VDD5 and clamped battery VPRE, with resistance measurement)
- Programmable pull-up/down current sources
- Integrated precise resistance measurements
- 12 bit ADC for voltage measurements
- 15 bit ADC for resistance measurements
- Variable reluctance sensor / Hall sensor Interface
- 1 analog output channel + 4 digital output channels
- SPI interface for device configuration and data communication
- Overtemperature protection
- Thermal resistance Rth(j-c) = 3 K/W
Recommended for you
Body and Convenience
Powertrain for ICE
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|TQFP 48 7x7x1.0||Automotive||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.