The STVMOCA device, in conjunction with the AFE transceiver, connects ST back-end devices to the home MoCA network as defined by the MoCA standard (specification v1.1). The STVMOCA chip is mainly associated with the back-end devices of the STx71xx family, such as STi7105, and the STiHXXX families.
The STVMOCA chip contains MAC and PHY processing and a high-speed SERDES interface to the analog front-end (AFE) device.
The IC may be interfaced to the host processor via the GMII port.
- Supports MoCA v1.1 in A, B, C, D, E and F bands
- Digital MAC and PHY processing
- External analog front end (AFE)
- AFE connected via 3-Gb/s SERDES link
- SPI for AFE initialization
- Giga-MII (GMII) interface
- STMoCA manager application software in Linux stack on host
- Firmware-based MoCA state machine capable of in-field update
- Tx and Rx are 256-QAM capable (optional)
- Up to 16 nodes
- Data rate 170 Mb/s
- Aggregation up to 10 frames
- 16 parameterized quality of service (PQoS) flows
- Four fixed-priority (high, medium, low and broadcast) flows
- 1.2-V and 3.3-V supplies, plus 2.5 V from the internal regulator
- Package: 240-pin LFBGA 15x15 mm²
Tools & Software
Quality & Reliability