FP-AUD-BVLINKWB1 is an STM32Cube function pack that performs voice streaming over BLE in a full-duplex configuration using the advanced Opus compression algorithm.
The application runs on P-NUCLEO-WB55 and includes drivers and middleware for BLE and digital MEMS microphones. It also includes the complete Opus audio codec (v 1.3) as third-party middleware.
The peripheral module can also stream audio to an Android device running the STBLESensor app v 4.2.0 or higher.
The software with the suggested combination of STM32WB and ST devices can be used, for example, to develop wireless audio communication systems for smart home or wearable applications.
The Opus algorithm provides the flexibility to achieve high voice quality even at low bitrates, and the STM32WB has the low power capabilities to allow the development of applications featuring very low consumption.
The same audio codec can be used to implement high quality stereo music streaming, depending on the available resources.
- Complete firmware to implement full-duplex audio streaming over Bluetooth 5.0 using Opus codec for both encoding and decoding
- A BlueVoiceOPUS customized profile for audio over BLE, including an easy-to-use set of APIs to exploit advanced Opus functionality (source code available)
- Third-party Opus v1.3 (downloadable from https://www.opus-codec.org) middleware: an open, royalty-free and highly versatile audio codec that is standardized by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) as RFC 6716
- Digital audio signal acquisition and processing
- Audio out playback through USB
- Sample implementation available for X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1 connected to a P-NUCLEO-WB55
- Compatibility with STBLESensor app (v 4.2.0 or higher) for Android, to perform audio streaming at 16 kHz and speech-to-text
- Free, user-friendly license terms
Something went wrong with the server request. Please try again in a few moments.
Request for software successfully submitted. The approval process may take up to 48 hours. After you have been approved, you should receive a link to the requested software via email.
Unfortunately, the link you clicked didn't work. Don't worry, here are the steps you can take to get your download started:If you still can't download the software, please reach out to us on the ST Community and we will help you
- Ensure you are using the same browser used to made the initial request
- Check that cookies are allowed in your browser
- Update your browser to its latest version
- Please also note that links forwarded by somebody else will not work
|Part Number||General Description||Software Version||Supplier||GitHub link||Download|
|FP-AUD-BVLINKWB1||STM32Cube function pack for STM32WB MCU featuring full-duplex audio streaming over Bluetooth 5.0 using Opus codec||1.0.0||ST||-|
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Check out our video to get inspired to release your creativity
Recommended for you
Picture Part number Manufacturer Description X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1 ST Digital MEMS microphones expansion board based on MP34DT01-M for STM32 Nucleo.Part Number
Digital MEMS microphones expansion board based on MP34DT01-M for STM32 Nucleo.
Picture Part number Manufacturer Description STBLESensor ST BLE sensor application for Android and iOSPart Number
BLE sensor application for Android and iOS
Picture Part number Manufacturer Description P-NUCLEO-WB55 ST Bluetooth™ 5 and 802.15.4 Nucleo Pack including USB dongle and Nucleo-68 with STM32WB55 MCUs, supports Arduino™ Uno V3 and ST morpho connectivityPart Number
Bluetooth™ 5 and 802.15.4 Nucleo Pack including USB dongle and Nucleo-68 with STM32WB55 MCUs, supports Arduino™ Uno V3 and ST morpho connectivity