FP-AUD-BVLINKWB1 is an STM32Cube function pack that performs full-duplex voice streaming or stereo music streaming over BLE using the advanced Opus compression algorithm.
The application runs on P-NUCLEO-WB55 connected to an X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2 or on STM32WB5MM-DK and includes drivers and middleware for BLE and digital MEMS microphones. It also includes the complete Opus audio codec (v 1.3) as third-party middleware to perform bidirectional and simultaneous audio streaming between two STM32WB.
The peripheral module can also communicate in full-duplex mode (bidirectional audio at 16 kHz) with a mobile device running the STBLESensor app, or receive stereo music at 48 kHz from the same app.
The software with the suggested combination of STM32WB and ST devices can be used, for example, to develop wireless audio communication systems for smart home or wearable applications.
The Opus algorithm provides the flexibility to achieve high audio quality even at low bitrates, and the STM32WB has the low power capabilities to allow the development of applications featuring very low consumption.
- Complete firmware to implement full-duplex communication or stereo music streaming over Bluetooth 5.0 using Opus codec for both encoding and decoding
- A BlueVoiceOPUS customized profile for audio over BLE, including an easy-to-use set of APIs to exploit advanced Opus functionality (source code available)
- Third-party Opus v1.3 (downloadable from https://www.opus-codec.org) middleware: an open, royalty-free and highly versatile audio codec that is standardized by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) as RFC 6716
- Digital audio signal acquisition and processing
- Audio out playback through USB
- Sample implementation available for X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2 connected to a P-NUCLEO-WB55 and for STM32WB5MM-DK
- Compatibility with STBLESensor app, to perform full-duplex audio streaming at 16 kHz and speech-to-text or to receive stereo music at 48 kHz from devices supporting BLE 4.2 or higher
- Free, user-friendly license terms