LoRa® is a long range wireless area network allowing low-power sensors to report over ranges of up to a dozen kilometers.
The I-CUBE-LRWAN Expansion Package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32L0, STM32L1 and STM32L4 Series microcontrollers acting as end-devices.
This package supports the SX1276MB1MAS, SX1276MB1LAS, SX1272MB2DAS, and the new radio generation sx126x mounted on SX1262DVK1DAS, SX1262DVK1CAS and SX1262DVK1BAS LoRa® radio expansion boards, provided by SEMTECH.
This package includes an application running on NUCLEO-L053R8, NUCLEO-L152RE, NUCLEO-L476RG and B-L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery kits embedding the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa® module from Murata. It also supports a USI® LoRaWAN™ technology module through the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 expansion board and the RiSiNGHF® modem RHF0M003 mounted on LRWAN-NS1 expansion board available in P-NUCLEO-LRWAN3 (coming soon). The application reads sensor data from the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 expansion board and sends the sensor data to the LoRa® network in class A. For further details about the components of the LoRa® middleware library, refer to the STM32 LoRa® software expansion for STM32Cube User manual (UM2073).
- Compliant with the LoRa Alliance™ specification protocol, named LoRaWAN™ version V1.0.3 March 2018
- Bidirectional end-devices with class A, class B and class C protocol support
- EU 868 MHz ISM band ETSI (European telecommunications standards institute) compliant
- EU 433 MHz ISM band ETSI compliant
- US 915 MHz ISM band FCC (federal communications commission) compliant
- End-device activation either through OTAA (over-the-air activation) or ABP (activation-by-personalization)
- Adaptive data rate support
- LoRaWAN™ test application for certification tests included
- Low-power optimized
- Full STM32 portfolio compatibility
- Compliant with the CMWX1ZZABZ-091 LoRa® module from Murata
- Compliant with the WM-SG-SM-42 LoRa®module from USI
- Compliant with the RHF0M003 modem from RiSiNGHF®
- Easy secure element integration
|Part Number||General Description||Software Version||Supplier||Marketing Status||GitHub link||Download|
|I-CUBE-LRWAN||LoRaWAN software expansion for STM32Cube (UM2073)||1.2.1||ST||Active||-|
We asked Benjamin the following questions: What is FOTA and it's benefits? How can we meet the challenge of FOTA over LoRaWAN? So LoRaWAN FOTA is really happening?
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
The X-CUBE-VS4A Expansion Package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32F7 Series microcontrollers acting as Alexa-enabled devices. It runs on the 32F769IDISCOVERY board, which provides a native Ethernet interface.