STM32L4 series microcontrollers feature an internal low-power Flash memory that is able to store code and data.
The X-CUBE-EEPROM application demonstrates how to emulate an EEPROM using the internal Flash memory, thus saving the cost of external components.
For further details refer to the application note ‘EEPROM emulation in STM32L4 series microcontrollers' (AN4894).
- Lightweight implementation and reduced footprint
- Simple API that consists of a few functions to format, initialize, read and write data, and clean up Flash memory pages
- user-configured EEPROM size
- supports 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit variables
- clean-up simplified for the user (background page erase)
- interrupt servicing is possible during program and erase operations
- At least two Flash memory pages to be used for internal data management
- Wear leveling algorithm to increase emulated EEPROM cycling capability
- Increased EEPROM memory endurance versus Flash memory endurance
- Robust against asynchronous resets and power failures.
|Part Number||General Description||Software Version||Supplier||GitHub link||Download|
|X-CUBE-EEPROM||EEPROM emulation expansion software for STM32Cube||1.1.0||ST||-|
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
The X-CUBE-VS4A Expansion Package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32F7 Series microcontrollers acting as Alexa-enabled devices. It runs on the 32F769IDISCOVERY board, which provides a native Ethernet interface.