The STM32 microcontrollers are able to emulate parallel synchronous communication through GPIOs using the embedded DMA IP.
The X-CUBE-PARAL-COM software solution developed on STM32Cube offers an implementation of such parallel synchronous interface on STM32L476G and STM32F429I discovery boards. It can easily be ported on other platforms.
- Timeout detection of end of transmission
- CRC check of transmitted data
- STM32L476G discovery board implementation features
- Storage of transmitted data in STM32L476 internal SRAM
- Up to 10MHz transmission clock
- Data frame length limited by internal SRAM size and DMA 16bit counter (65530 data transmitted)
- STM32F429I discovery board implementation features
- Storage of transmitted data in external SDRAM
- Up to 7.82MHz transmission clock
- Data frame length limited by external SDRAM size
|Part Number||General Description||Software Version||Supplier||GitHub link||Download|
|X-CUBE-PARAL-COM||Parallel Synchronous Transmission using GPIO and DMA software expansion for STM32Cube (AN4666)||1.1||ST||-|
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
The X-CUBE-VS4A Expansion Package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32F7 Series microcontrollers acting as Alexa-enabled devices. It runs on the 32F769IDISCOVERY board, which provides a native Ethernet interface.