FP-NET-BLESTAR1 is an STM32Cube function pack which lets you connect your IoT node in a BLE sensor network to the Internet via a Wi-Fi network. Sensor data from a device in the BLE star network can be transparently sent to the IBM Watson IoT cloud platform and visualized on a client connected to the cloud.
The software, together with the suggested combination of STM32 and ST devices, can be used, for example, to develop smart home or remote monitoring applications.
The included sample application configures either an STM32 Nucleo board (equipped with the Wi-Fi and BLE expansion boards) or an STM32L4 Discovery Board as a BLE master connected to several BLE peripherals, or nodes, in a star network topology. The BLE central device can simultaneously connect to a Wi-Fi network and export data from other nodes to the IBM Watson IoT cloud platform.
The BLE master also acts as a slave by accepting connection with a BLE client (typically an Android™/iOS™ device) which can be used to monitor and control the BLE network.
- Complete firmware to build applications based on BLE and Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing STM32 Nucleo boards to connect with both BLE-enabled smartphones and tablets, and cloud-based services
- Integrated MQTT protocol middleware for easy access to Watson IoT cloud services provided by IBM
- Sample application for both NUCLEO-F401RE (equipped with X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 and X-NUCLEO-IDW01M1 expansion boards) and B-L475E-IOT01A Discovery Kit (equipped with X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1) implementing a simultaneous BLE master/slave and Wi-Fi gateway device
- Compatible with BLE sensor nodes implemented using the FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1, FP-SNS-FLIGHT1 and FP-SNS-MOTENV1 function packs
- Compatible with the SensNet application for AndroidTM/iOSTM devices to control the BLE star network and to display the data sent by the slave nodes
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms