The VL6180X API is a set of C functions controlling the VL6180X (init, ranging, ALS,…) to enable the development of end-user applications. This API is structured in a way it can be compiled on any kind of platforms through a well isolated platform layer (mainly for low level I2C access). Several code examples are provided to show how to use API and perform ranging and ALS measures. A complete Nucleo F401 + VL6180X expansion board project is also provided (Keil IDE required to compile the project) as well as the pre-compiled binary that can be directly used.
The VL6180X is the latest product based on ST’s patented FlightSense™technology. This is a ground-breaking technology allowing absolute distance to be measured independent of target reflectance. Instead of estimating the distance by measuring the amount of light reflected back from the object (which is significantly influenced by color and surface), the VL6180X precisely measures the time the light takes to travel to the nearest object and reflect back to the sensor (Time-of-Flight).
Combining an IR emitter, a range sensor and an ambient light sensor in a three-in-one ready-to-use reflowable package.
- VL6180X application programming interface (API) source code (C language)
- Full ranging and ALS features control
- API structured in a way it can be easily ported/compiled on any micro-controller platforms
- Several examples showing how to use API to perform ranging and ALS measurements
- Complete Nucleo STM32 F401 project (source code + binary) working with VL6180X explorer expansion board (under Keil IDE)
- API documentation (.chm and .html)
Something went wrong with the server request. Please try again in a few moments.
Request for software successfully submitted. The approval process may take up to 48 hours. After you have been approved, you should receive a link to the requested software via email.
Unfortunately, the link you clicked didn't work. Don't worry, here are the steps you can take to get your download started:If you still can't download the software, please reach out to us on the ST Community and we will help you
- Ensure you are using the same browser used to made the initial request
- Check that cookies are allowed in your browser
- Update your browser to its latest version
- Please also note that links forwarded by somebody else will not work
|Part Number||Software Version||Marketing Status||Supplier||Download|