This board provides you an easy way to connect STMicroelectronics VIPower M0-7 technology into your existing system.
The board comes pre-assembled with VNQ7E100AJ high-side driver. On board, a minimum set of electrical components (as for device datasheet recommendation), enables the user to directly connect the load, the power supply and the microcontroller without any additional effort in external component design and connection.
The VNQ7E100AJ is a quad channel high-side driver manufactured using ST proprietary VIPower technology and housed in PowerSSO-16 package. The device is designed to drive 12 V automotive grounded loads through a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible interface and to provide protection and diagnostics.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation, overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown with configurable latch-off.
A FaultRST pin unlatches the output in case of fault or disables the latch-off functionality.
A dedicated multifunction multiplexed analog output pin delivers sophisticated diagnostic functions including high precision proportional load current sense, supply voltage feedback and chip temperature sense, in addition to the detection of overload and short circuit to ground, short to VCC and OFF-state open-load. A sense enable pin allows OFF-state diagnosis to be disabled during the module low-power mode as well as external sense resistor sharing among similar devices.
- Simple single IC application board dedicated for VNQ7E100AJ
- Provides electrical connectivity and thermal heat-sinking for easy prototyping
- General device features
- Quad channel smart high side driver with analog feedback
- Very low standby current
- Compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs
- Extreme low voltage operation for deep cold cranking applications (compliant to LV124, revision 2013)
- Diagnostic functions
- Analog feedback of load current with high precision proportional current mirror
- Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
- Thermal shutdown indication
- OFF-state open-load detection
- Output short to VCC detection
- Sense enable/disable
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Configurable latch-off on overtemperature or power limitation with dedicated fault reset pin
- Loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Reverse battery with external components
- Electrostatic discharge protection
Recommended for you
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from Distributors||Order from ST||Core Product||Marketing Status||Supplier||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
Distributor availability ofEV-VNQ7E100AJ
Distributor reported inventory date: 2020-09-20
|ST||EAR99||NEC||ITALY||5.32 / 1|