The SX1272 LoRa™ technology and high-performance FSK/OOK RF transceiver modem (I-NUCLEO-SX1272D) is a development tool to learn and develop solutions based on LoRa™ and/or FSK/OOK technologies.
The Semtech's proprietary LoRa™ modulation is a spread-spectrum technique that uses wideband linear frequency modulated pulses to encode information, whose frequency increases or decreases over a certain amount of time. Like with other spread-spectrum modulation techniques, the LoRa™ modulation uses the entire channel bandwidth to broadcast a signal, making it robust to the channel noise. In addition, because the LoRa™ modulation uses a broad band of the spectrum, the signal is resistant to long term relative frequency error, multi-path, fading and doppler effects.
The SX1272MB2xAS board is controlled through the SPI bus at a maximum speed of 10 Mbps. All the "Pass through" pins not used in the operations of the SX1272MB2xAS can be used for the connection of other boards. The I2C and UART have especially been let free so that a wide range of sensors can be connected to the board.
- 157 dB maximum link budget
- +20 dBm, 100 mW constant RF output versus Vsupply
- +14 dBm high efficiency PA
- Programmable bit rate up to 300 kbps
- High sensitivity: down to -137 dBm
- Bullet-proof front end: IIP3 = -12.5 dBm
- 89 dB blocking immunity
- Low RX current of 10 mA, 200 nA register retention
- Fully integrated synthesizer with a resolution of 61 Hz
- FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRa™ and OOK modulations
- Built-in bit synchronizer for clock recovery
- Sync word recognition
- Preamble detection
- 127 dB+ dynamic range RSSI
- Automatic RF sense with ultra-fast AFC
- Packet engine up to 64 bytes with CRC
- Built-in temperature sensor and low battery indicator 1.65 V to 3.6 V power supply
Tools & Software
Quality & Reliability
Sample & Buy