The STM32G081B-EVAL Evaluation board is a high-end development platform, for Arm Cortex-M0+ core-based STM32G081RBT6 microcontroller, with USB Type-C and power delivery controller interfaces (UCPD), compliant with USB type-C r1.2 and USB PD specification r3.0, two I2Cs, two SPIs, five USARTs, one LP UART, one 12-bit ADC, two 12-bit DACs, two GP comparators, two LP timers, internal 32 KB SRAM and 128 KB Flash, CEC, SWD debugging support.
The full range of hardware features on the STM32G081B-EVAL Evaluation board includes a mother board, a legacy peripheral daughterboard and a USB-C and Power Delivery daughterboard, which help to evaluate all peripherals (USB Type-C connector with USB PD, motor control connector, RS232, RS485, Audio DAC, microphone ADC, TFT LCD, IrDA, IR LED, IR receiver, LDR, MicroSD card, CEC on two HDMI connectors, smart card slot, RF E2PROM & Temperature sensor…), and to develop applications.
The board integrates an ST-LINK/V2-1 as an embedded in-circuit debugger and programmer for the STM32 MCU.
The daughterboard and extension connectors provide an easy way to connect a daughterboard or wrapping board for the user's specific applications.
The USB-C and Power Delivery daughterboard features two independent USB-C ports controlled by an STM32G0. USB-C port 1 is dual role power (DRP) and can provide up-to 45 W. USB-C Port 2 is sink only. Both support USB PD protocol and alternate mode functionality.
Application firmware examples are provided to evaluate the USB-C technology through various use cases.
- Mother board
- STM32G081RBT6 microcontroller with 128 Kbytes of Flash memory and 32 Kbytes of RAM in LQFP64 package
- MCU voltage choice fixed 3.3 V or adjustable from 1.65 V to 3.6 V
- I2C compatible serial interface
- RTC with backup battery
- 8-Gbyte or more SPI interface microSD card
- 4 color user LEDs and one LED as MCU low-power alarm
- Reset, Tamper and User buttons
- 4-direction control and selection joystick
- 5 V power jack
- RS-232 and RS485 communications
- Stereo audio jack including analog microphone input
- microSD card
- Extension I2C connector
- Motor-control connector
Board extension connectors:
- Daughterboard connectors for legacy peripheral daughter board or USB-C daughterboard
- Extension connectors for daughterboard or wire-wrap board
Flexible power-supply options:
- 5 V power jack
- ST-LINK/V2-1 USB connector
- On-board ST-LINK/V2-1 debugger/programmer with USB re- enumeration capability: mass storage, virtual COM port and debug port
- Comprehensive free software libraries and examples available with the STM32Cube package
- Support of a wide choice of Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) including IAR, Keil, GCC-based IDEs
- Legacy peripheral daughterboard
- IrDA transceiver
- IR LED and IR receiver
- Light dependent resistor (LDR)
- Temperature Sensor
- Two HDMI connectors with DDC and CEC
- Smart card slot
- USB-C and Power Delivery daughterboard
- Mux for USB3.1 Gen1 / DisplayPort input and Type-C port1 output
- Mux for Type-C port2 input and DisplayPort output / USB2.0
- VCONN on Type-C port1
- USB PD on Type-C port1
- Type-C port1 DRP (dual-role port)
- Type-C port2 Sink
- DisplayPort input
- DisplayPort output
- USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-B receptacle
- USB2.0 Type-A receptacle
- 19 V power jack for USB PD
- Mother board
STM32G0 - the world’s 1st USB Power Delivery 3.0 MCU (ST at embedded world 2019)
This advertising video presents the whole USB-C Power delivery ecosystem based on STM32G0 MCU featuring UCPD IP.
Recommended for you
Power Supplies and Converters
|Part Number||Marketing Status||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.