The STM8-SO8-DISCO helps to discover features of STM8S Value Line and STM8L Value Line devices available in SO8 packages. This discovery kit offers three SO8 to DIL8 modules designed with STM8S001J3M3, STM8L001J3M3 and STM8L050J3M3 microcontrollers, and allows the user to easily develop and share applications. It includes an on-board ST-LINK/V2 to debug and program any of the embedded STM8 microcontrollers, or even an external target by means of a SWIM connector.
The STM8-SO8-DISCO is operated by simply plugging it into a PC through a standard USB Type-A to Micro-B cable.
- STM8S001J3M3 microcontroller featuring 8 Kbytes of Flash memory, 1 Kbyte of RAM and 128 bytes of Data EEPROM in an SO8 package
- STM8L001J3M3 microcontroller featuring 8 Kbytes of Flash memory including up to 2 Kbytes of Data EEPROM and 1.5 Kbytes of RAM in an SO8 package
- STM8L050J3M3 microcontroller featuring 8 Kbytes of Flash memory, 1 Kbyte of RAM and 256 bytes of Data EEPROM in an SO8 package
- 1 user LED
- 1 user push-button
- Individual and breakable STM8 SO8 to DIL8 module
- DIL8 socket to ease programming of the STM8 MCU
- On-board ST-LINK/V2 debugger/programmer
- Comprehensive free software libraries and examples
- Support of a wide choice of Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) including Cosmic, IAR™, Raisonance, iSYSTEM and STMicroelectronics
We asked Christophe the following questions: - How is ST engaged in the 8-bit MCU market ? - What benefits does the STM8 bring? - What applications are suitable for STM8 (no change) - What kind of ecosystem does STM8 have?
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.