The STEVAL-EDUKIT01 is designed to represent a complex, non-linear and unstable oscillator for university-level robotics projects. It consists of a transparent structure holding a free-swinging pendulum, whose movement has to be stabilized by a stepper motor with feedback from a high performance rotary encoder reading the pendulum angle.
The STSW-EDUKIT01 firmware includes critical, high-speed algorithms that interpret encoder data and allow the stepper motor to counter the movement of the pendulum so that it remains vertical.
The educational set, with real-time Matlab viewer and interface, helps you build your understanding of ARM-based embedded architecture (STM32CubeIDE), stepper motor control and real-time systems based on proportional, integral, derivative (PID) control, as well as more advanced techniques such as State Space or State Space with linear quadratic regulator (LQR).
A further set of open source tutorials and training material is at your complete disposal at www.st.com/motorcontrol-edu.
- Rotary inverted pendulum kit for education
- Included stepper motor and quadrature rotary encoder
- Low cost and easy to assemble interlocking acrylic frame
- Included power supply (100-240 V): 12 V, 1 A
- Based on the NUCLEO-F401RE development board
- X-NUCLEO-IHM01A1 expansion board with L6474PD microstepping motor driver
- Open source educational material available
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.