This application note describes a wide-range non-isolated 25 W regulated LED driver with high power factor. The EVL6564H-25W-BB demonstration board is well-suited to the Japanese market due to the broad use of standard 100 Vac lighting applications and also 200 Vac tubes in building automation systems.
The EVL6564H-25W-BB demonstration board has been designed in order to obtain the highest possible power factor over the entire input mains voltage, remaining compliant to EN55022 Class-B and keeping the average output current in a tight band with different LED characteristics.
The board is based on ST's L6564H power factor controller and the SEA05L CC-CV controller for LED current regulation in a non-isolated flyback configuration. The form factor has been designed to fit into a standard LED driver case, facilitating the replacement of the incandescent flood lamps up to 80-100 W power.
- Line voltage range: 85 to 265 Vac
- Minimum line frequency (fL): 47-63 Hz
- LED string voltage drop: 70 V ±10% (23 LED p.n. X42182)
- LED nominal current: 350 mA ±1%
- LED current ripple pk-pk: 100 mA
- Rated output power: 25 W
- Power factor > 0.9
- Efficiency: > 89 % at 230 V
- Maximum ambient temperature: 50 °C
- Conducted EMI: In acc. with EN55022 class-B
- Overvoltage, open loop and short-circuit protection
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.