The EVL80WLED-STCH03 demonstration board implements a wide range 80 W - LED driver for street lighting applications with a primary current sensing control loop.
The LED driver is a fixed current source with a very fast start-up time, protections to short-circuit and to open load. The board is optimized to supply an LED string load in the range from 40 V to 80V with a fixed 1 A current source with a very low current ripple.
Due to current primary side STCH03 control loop, the output stage is composed of a simple diode rectification and the output capacitor.
Form factor is compatible with street lighting application.
At full load the efficiency is above the 90% at nominal voltages and remains very close to this value till half the load.
Output short-circuit and no-load protections are auto-restart for a safe operation in lighting environment.
Low input power is there at no-load conditions.
- Input voltage: Vin: 90 - 265 Vrms, f: 45-66 Hz
- LED string range: [40 -80] V / 1A
- Output current ripple < 50 mA
- Fast startup: < 300 ms
- High power factor, low THD (<5%)
- No-load: < 0.5 W @ 230 Vin
- Average Full load efficiency: >90%
- Short-circuit protection with auto-restart
- LED string open with auto-restart
- Acc. to EN61000-3-2 Class-C or JEITA-MITI Class-C
- EMI: Acc. To EN55022 class B - conducted emissions
- Safety: Acc. to EN60065C
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.