The STEVAL-IPFC12V1 2 kW interleaved PFC reference design features the performance of analog cycle-by-cycle current regulation and the flexibility of digital control to generate sinusoidal supplies with very high power factor and very low harmonic distortion.
Digital power control is based on the STNRGPF12 digital PFC controller, which in combination with the TN3050H-12WY thyristor implements digital inrush current limitation, and can drive up to two interleaved PFC channels using mixed signal (analog and digital) average current mode control in CCM at fixed frequency.
The 2 kW interleaved PFC reference design consists of a power board with 2-ch interleaved CCM boost power stage, input rectifier controlled bridge and auxiliary power supply, a control board with embedded STNRGPF12 digital controller and analog control circuitry, and a USB to UART (FTDI cable required - not included in the kit) bridge for programming the STNRGPF12 and performance monitoring.
You can use the eDesignSuite software available on the ST website to configure the STNRGPF12 according to specific design requirements for each interleaved PFC.
- Input voltage range: 90 to 265 VAC
- Line frequency range: 47 to 63 Hz
- Maximum output power: 2 kW at 230 V
- Digital Inrush Current Limiter function performed with SCR
- Output voltage: 400 V
- Power factor: > 0.98 at 20% load
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <5% at 20% load
- Mixed-signal Average Current Mode control, CCM fixed frequency operation
- Switching Frequency (fsw): 60 kHz
- Cycle-by-cycle regulation (analog current control loop)
- Input voltage and load feed-forwards
- Phase shedding
- Current balance
- Burst-mode operation
- Overvoltage protection
- Overcurrent protection
- Thermal protection
- Status indicator LEDs
- Cooling function
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.