The STEVAL-ISF003V1 evaluation board allows the inrush-current which charges a DC bus capacitor to be limited to comply with the IEC 61000-3-3 standard. This inrush-current limitation is based on a soft-start procedure of the mixed bridge diodes and SCRs rectifier using progressive phase control at board start-up.
This solution can also drastically reduce standby losses as the DC bus can be totally disconnected from the AC mains when it does not have to operate. DC bus deactivation is simply achieved by turning off SCRs, without requiring an additional relay to open the circuit in standby.
The steady-state losses are also reduced, thanks to the removal of the NTC / PTC resistor traditionally used to limit inrush-current. Therefore, no relay is required to bypass this resistor as it is no longer used.
- Fully electronic solution without the need for an inrush current limiter resistor and its bulky bypass electromechanical relay
- DC bus disconnection at standby to reduce losses below 0.3 W
- Inrush current compliance with IEC61000-3-3
- Operation allowed with PFC (continuous or discontinuous)
- Compliant with EN 55015, IEC 61000-4-11
- Criteria A at 4 kV IEC 61000-4-5 and at 4 kV IEC 61000-4-4
- RoHS compliant
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.