The ST232AB/AC is a 2 driver, 2 receiver device following EIA/TIA-232 and V.28 communication standard. It is particularly suitable for applications where ±12 V is not available. The ST232AB/AC uses a single 5 V power supply and only four external capacitors (0.1 µF). Typical applications are in: portable computers, low power modems, interfaces translation, battery powered RS-232 networks.
- Data rate (typ.): 400 kbps/s
- Receiver input voltage range: ± 30V
- Supply voltage range: 4.5 to 5.5V
- Transmitter output voltage swing (typ): ± 9V
- Supply current no load (typ): 1.5mA
- Receiver propagation delay (typ.): 0.1µs
- Operating temperature range:
-40 to 85 °C 0 to 70°C
- Transition slew rate (typ.): 12V/µs
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.