The LSM6DSO is a system-in-package featuring a 3D digital accelerometer and a 3D digital gyroscope boosting performance at 0.55 mA in high-performance mode and enabling always-on low-power features for an optimal motion experience for the consumer.
The LSM6DSO supports main OS requirements, offering real, virtual and batch sensors with 9 kbytes for dynamic data batching. ST’s family of MEMS sensor modules leverages the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers and gyroscopes. The various sensing elements are manufactured using specialized micromachining processes, while the IC interfaces are developed using CMOS technology that allows the design of a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element.
The LSM6DSO has a full-scale acceleration range of ±2/±4/±8/±16 g and an angular rate range of ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 dps.
The LSM6DSO fully supports EIS and OIS applications as the module includes a dedicated configurable signal processing path for OIS and auxiliary SPI, configurable for both the gyroscope and accelerometer.
High robustness to mechanical shock makes the LSM6DSO the preferred choice of system designers for the creation and manufacturing of reliable products.The LSM6DSO is available in a plastic land grid array (LGA) package.
- Power consumption: 0.55 mA in combo high-performance mode
- “Always-on" experience with low power consumption for both accelerometer and gyroscope
- Smart FIFO up to 9 kbyte
- Android compliant
- ±2/±4/±8/±16 g full scale
- ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 dps full scale
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- Independent IO supply (1.62 V)
- Compact footprint: 2.5 mm x 3 mm x 0.83 mm
- SPI / I²C & MIPI I3CSM serial interface with main processor data synchronization
- Auxiliary SPI for OIS data output for gyroscope and accelerometer
- Advanced pedometer, step detector and step counter
- Significant Motion Detection, Tilt detection
- Standard interrupts: free-fall, wakeup, 6D/4D orientation, click and double-click
- Programmable Finite State Machine: accelerometer, gyroscope and external sensors
- Embedded temperature sensor
- ECOPACK®, RoHS and “Green” compliant
LSM6DSOX IMU embeds a Machine Learning Core able to run with only 5 uA, to pre-process and classify information coming from its internal gyro and accelerometer plus up to 4 external sensors to save system-level power since the main MCU can be put in sleep mode for significant amount of time.
A bridge between the sensor on the motherboard and your laptop
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|VFLGA2.5X3X.86 14L P.5 L.475X.25||Ecopack2||
|VFLGA2.5X3X.86 14L P.5 L.475X.25||Ecopack2|
Package:VFLGA2.5X3X.86 14L P.5 L.475X.25
VFLGA2.5X3X.86 14L P.5 L.475X.25
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.